Who are Lunio…
Lunio is a web verification engine that analyzes and protects websites against the impacts of fraudulent, malicious and unwanted web traffic. We work with innovative businesses of all sizes, from Hugo Boss & McDonald’s to your local pizzeria, to ensure that the internet is a cleaner, safer place for everyone trying to grow their business.
With billions of data points processed monthly, Lunio has grown to become one of the most popular web verification services in the world - and we’re only just getting started. Backed by the same investors as hyper-growth companies like Just Eat, Revolut, Starling Bank, OnBuy & more we’re on a mission to change the internet for the better - and to have fun whilst doing so.
- Share Options - Our employees each own a part of the business and benefit from every step of our growth
- Remote or Hybrid Working - 5 days a week in the office and fixed 9am start times are sooooo 2021!
- EV Car Scheme or Commuter Contribution (up to £300pm) - enter into our Salary Sacrifice scheme or benefit from subsidized travel, if you prefer regular office work
- Home Office kit out, L&D, and yearly wellness allowances up to the value of £3000
- 32 days (including public hols) (over 6 weeks!) paid holiday
- Generous Relocation Packages are available for anyone interesting in living closer to our offices!
Reporting directly to our CTO, you’ll be responsible for...
- Managing, mentoring and leading our Engineering Team - proactively identifying promotional opportunities with existing members of the team and hiring needs
- Being the Engineering commercial leader - turning technical ideas into commercial reality and understanding the commercial validity of technical requirements. Reporting these at the senior management & occasionally board level.
- Utilising your commercial experience in Big Data / Data Analytics to help scale the product in-line with business strategic goals.
- Working closely with our CTO to define short, mid and long-term Engineering strategy from a technical and commercial perspective.
- Collaborating closely with the Product team, in understanding and contributing to the high-level product strategy
- Overseeing the execution of the delivery, workflow and process of all Engineering projects
- Driving a culture of technical excellence
- Defining best practice Engineering processes and standards and continuous improvement amongst all teams
What you should have...
- Strong commercial experience as a VP of Engineering (or similar title) - previously managing a number of multi-disciplinary teams (FE & BE Engineers, QAs, Cloud etc) - ideally managing 8+ people previously.
- Substantial commercial experience in Big Data / Data Analytics
- Experience in training, upskilling and promoting existing engineering teams.
- Experience in hiring and recruiting technically excellent, diverse, cross-functional engineering teams.
- A strong commercial awareness - you can balance technical excellence alongside pragmatic delivery in the interest of business commercial goals.
- A previous background in hands-on Software Engineering using Python
- A great understanding of the AWS stack
- Great communication skills are a must
No recruitment agencies or contractors at this time please. Any speculative CVs will be treated as gifts!
Lunio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.