Conversion Optimizer is a tool that helps advertisers automatically bid for ad placements on the Google Display Network (GDN) based on their goals for each individual ad campaign.
How Conversion Optimizer Works
Conversion Optimizer uses historical data from an advertiser’s Google Ads account to predict how likely it is that a click on one of their ads will result in a conversion. This prediction is based on factors like the types of keywords an advertiser is targeting, the type of ad they’re running, and the time of day or week their ad is being shown.
Conversion Optimizer then uses this prediction to automatically bid for ad placements on the GDN. The goal of this bidding is to get the advertiser’s ads in front of as many people who are likely to convert as possible, while still staying within the advertiser’s specified budget.
The Benefits of Using Conversion Optimizer
There are a number of benefits to using Conversion Optimizer:
- Automatically bid for ad placements: Conversion Optimizer takes the guesswork out of bidding for ad placements on the GDN. Once it’s set up, it will automatically bid for ad placements based on an advertiser’s goals for each individual campaign.
- Get your ads in front of people who are more likely to convert: Because Conversion Optimizer is based on historical data from your Google Ads account, it can accurately predict which people are more likely to convert if they see your ad. This means you’re more likely to get your ads in front of people who will actually take the desired action, whether that’s making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, or downloading a white paper.
- Stay within your budget: One of the main goals of Conversion Optimizer is to stay within your specified budget while still getting your ads in front of as many potential customers as possible. This means you’re not overspending on your campaigns, and every dollar you do spend is being used as effectively as possible.
- Get started quickly and easily: Conversion Optimizer is a tool that’s designed to be used by advertisers of all experience levels. It can be set up quickly and easily, and doesn’t require a lot of ongoing maintenance.
- Improve your campaigns over time: Conversion Optimizer is always learning and improving, which means your campaigns will also continue to get better over time. As Conversion Optimizer gathers more data from your Google Ads account, it will become even better at predicting which people are more likely to convert, and will adjust its bidding accordingly.
Supercharge Ad Performance
Unlock more leads and higher ROI with industry-leading efficiency tools. Sign up now for a 14-day free demo.
How to Get Started with Conversion Optimizer
If you’re interested in using Conversion Optimizer for your Google Ads campaigns, there are a few things you need to do to get started:
- Set up a conversion tracking system: In order to use Conversion Optimizer, you need to have a conversion tracking system in place. This system will track the actions people take on your website after they see your ad, and report this data back to Google. There are a number of different ways to set up conversion tracking, so be sure to choose the one that’s right for you and your business.
- Choose your goals: Once you have conversion tracking set up, you need to decide what goals you want to use for your campaigns. You can choose from a number of different goals, including sales, leads, or downloads. Choose the goal that’s most relevant to your business and your ad campaigns.
- Set up your campaign: The next step is to set up your Conversion Optimizer campaign. This involves choosing your settings and options, such as your budget and bid amount. Be sure to take some time to experiment with different settings in order to find the ones that work best for you and your business.
- Monitor your results: Once you’ve launched your Conversion Optimizer campaign, it’s important to keep an eye on your results. Pay attention to things like click-through rate (CTR), conversion rate, and cost per conversion. These metrics will help you to gauge the effectiveness of your campaign and make necessary changes.
- Make adjustments: As you monitor your campaign, you may find you need to make some adjustments. This could involve changing your bid amount, budget, or even the goal of your campaign. Be sure to experiment with different settings in order to find the ones that work best for you and your business.