Criteo is a digital advertising platform that enables businesses to effectively target and retarget potential customers through personalised advertisements. It uses data-driven advertising technology to deliver targeted, relevant ads to consumers on various devices, including computers, tablets, and smartphones.
How Does Criteo Work?
Criteo also utilises a bidding system to determine which ads are shown to users. Advertisers set a bid for their ad to be shown to a particular user, and Criteo’s algorithms decide which ads to display based on the bid amount and the likelihood that the ad will be effective for the user.
Benefits of Using Criteo
There are several benefits to using Criteo for digital advertising, including:
- Personalisation: Criteo allows businesses to deliver personalised ads to users based on their interests and browsing history, increasing the likelihood that the ad will be relevant and effective.
- Cross-device targeting: Criteo enables businesses to target users across multiple devices, including computers, tablets, and smartphones, allowing for a consistent advertising experience across all devices.
- Increased ROI: By targeting ads to users who are more likely to be interested in a product or service, Criteo can help businesses increase their return on investment for digital advertising campaigns.
Ready to Take Control of Your Traffic?
Discover how Lunio can help you monitor and optimise your ad spend.
Examples of Criteo in Action
Here are a few examples of how Criteo can be used by businesses:
- An online retailer can use Criteo to show ads for specific products to users who have previously visited the retailer’s website or shown an interest in similar products.
- A travel company can use Criteo to target ads for vacation packages to users who have previously searched for travel destinations or booked a trip with the company.
- A car dealership can use Criteo to target ads for specific car models to users who have previously visited the dealership’s website or shown an interest in similar vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Criteo be used for B2B advertising?
Yes, Criteo can be used for B2B advertising in addition to B2C advertising. Businesses can use Criteo to target ads to other businesses that may be interested in their products or services.
How does Criteo compare to other digital advertising platforms?
Criteo is often compared to other digital advertising platforms such as Google AdWords and Facebook Ads. Each platform has its own unique features and capabilities, and the right platform for a business will depend on its specific advertising goals and needs.
One key difference between Criteo and other platforms is that Criteo focuses specifically on retargeting, while platforms like Google AdWords and Facebook Ads offer a wider range of advertising options.
Is Criteo GDPR compliant?
Criteo is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data privacy laws. Criteo is transparent about the data it collects and how it is used, and it offers users the ability to opt-out of data collection if they choose.