Trueview video ads are an ad format that allows you to pay only when someone watches your ad. These ads are served through Google Ads and can be used on YouTube and other video partner sites.
Trueview Video Ad Types
There are two types of trueview video ads:
- In-stream ads appear before, during, or after YouTube videos and can be skipped after five seconds.
- Discovery ads appear on the YouTube homepage, as well as on other websites and apps that partner with YouTube. These ads cannot be skipped and must be watched for at least 30 seconds.
How Trueview Video Ads Work
- In-stream trueview video ads can be skipped after five seconds, but if someone watches the entire ad, or 30 seconds elapse, only then will the advertiser pay for that view. These ads are served through Google’s Ads platform and can be used on YouTube and other video partner sites.
- Discovery trueview video ads cannot be skipped and are usually served on YouTube search results or alongside related videos, and aim to get people to watch them as soon as they are noticed. Ads are not charged for until 30 seconds of video content has been watched, or if someone clicks the ad’s call-to-action button.
Get the Most Out of Your Trueview Video Ads
Make sure they are are seen by the right people.
Targeting Options for Trueview Video Ads
There are a number of targeting options available for trueview video ads, including:
- Demographic targeting: Target by age, gender, parental status, and more.
- Topic targeting: Target specific topics your video discusses.
- Interest targeting: Target based on interests, like cooking or fashion.
- Remarketing: Target people who have interacted with your business in the past.
How to Create a Trueview Video Ad?
Creating a trueview video ad is easy and can be done in just a few steps:
- Choose your video ad format – In-Stream or Discovery
- Create your ad using Google Ads
- Set your budget and bid
- Choose where you want your ad to run
- Monitor your results
What Are the Benefits of Using Trueview Video Ads?
There are many benefits to using trueview video ads, including:
- You only pay when someone watches your ad for at least 30 seconds, so you can ensure higher-engagement and impact.
- Trueview video ads are served on YouTube and other video partner sites, so you can reach a large audience
- You can use trueview video ads to drive awareness, interest, and even conversions
Best practices for creating Trueview Video Ads
There are a few best practices to keep in mind when creating your trueview video ad:
- Keep your ad short – under 30 seconds is ideal
- Use attention-grabbing visuals and audio
- Use a clear call-to-action
- Target your ad to the right audience
- Try different versions of your ad to see what works best